May 14, 2012

A Winter Dress

Last week when I was in Spotlight I grabbed a pack of fat quarters in various purple fabrics. I didn't know what I was going to make with them but they called to me for some reason. And then straight after that I was doing my grocery shop at Aldi and I found a 2-pack of girls basic long sleeved shirts for $8. They were the last pair, a size 3, and purple. I snapped them up, knowing that I could turn them into perfect winter dresses for Katherine.
 

I cut the bottom 2 inches off the shirt and attached a basic three-tiered skirt to it.  The skirt is made from three of the fat quarters.  The offcut from the shirt, I cut into strips and ruffled them to attach to the front of the dress - the lighter shade of purple is off the other shirt in the pack.  I am going to turn it into a dress too, but I haven't decided yet whether to make it the same or do something different with it.  I will have to have a think about it, and keep an eye out for some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment